My name is Christina and I am a professionally trained birth doula, a CLEC (certificated lactation educator counselor), HCHI (certified Hypnobabies childbirth hypnosis instructor), and a HCHD (Hypnobabies childbirth hypnosis doula). My pronouns are she/her. I have always been interested in pregnancy and birth, but it wasn’t until the doula-assisted birth of my first daughter in 2014 that I realized what I wanted to do. I am passionate about providing families with current, non-biased, evidence-based information, emotional and physical support, and continuity of care through pregnancy, birth and postpartum. I live in Savage, MN with my husband, our two daughters and our dog. I serve most of the twin cities area. For my current availability, please click here.
The “mommy Gaia” Name and Philosophy.
Being a doula has been described as “mothering the mother”, and that is very much where I see my role. Additionally, I can “mother” any support person(s) you invite into your birthing space. Gaia is the Greek goddess of mother earth. This speaks to my birth philosophy, that birth can be a natural, beautiful and even enjoyable process. As with nature, I also believe that respect for the process is important. Birth is a powerful event and when medical intervention is either necessary or requested by you the family, I will continue to support your birth journey. Your satisfaction with your birth is my first priority!
I Believe Anyone Who Wants a Doula Should Have One!
If you found my page looking for a doula but I’m not the right fit (not in budget, not in your area, not available for your guess date, etc.), feel free to contact me anyway and maybe I can be flexible on my fee, or find another doula that fits your requirements! If you want a doula, there is one out there for you!
- DONA trained Birth Doula (trained Dec 2015, certified Jan 2017-2020)
- Childbirth Educator with Birth Arts International (completed Spring 2017)
- Certificated Lactation Educator Counselor, UCSD (Summer 2017)
- Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis Doula (HCHD) (Spring 2017)
- Member of the Childbirth Collective (2016-present)
- Board Member of the Childbirth Collective (2018-19)
- Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Instructor (certified 2021)
- CST training with Dr Carol Philips (set to complete by the end of 2021)
- Other workshops/classes attended:
- Spinning Babies (Summer 2016, Fall 2017)
- Healing Birth Stories for Professionals
- Writing Your Birth Story
- Acupressure for birth workers
- Unicorns and Seahorses: Supporting Trans, Genderqueer & Gender Nonconforming Clients
- Serving the LGBTQ Community Training with the Queer Birth Project
Personal and/or Professional Experience With:
- Inclusive care for all types of families
- Medicated and un-medicated birth
- Long labors
- Back labor
- High risk pregnancy
- Over 40
- Homebirth, Birth Center and Hospitals
- Single parents
- Cesarean birth
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- and more!